Not the prettiest nor most effectively designed infographic, but data rich nonetheless; Dream Systems Media launched an infographic last week illustrate numbers from the largest social media networks, based on AdAge data. Some of the more interesting highlights are below, see the infographic for full details and sources:
- 95% of Facebook Wall posts are not answered by brands.
- Twitter updates that include verbs have a 2% higher shareability than the average tweet.
- 30% of B2B marketers are spending millions of dollars annually on social-marketing programs, though nearly 30% are not tracking the impact of social-media programs on lead generation and sales.
- More smartphone and tablet owners are researching products that purchasing them – 80.8% compared to 41.4%.
- The Mobile Marketing Association of Asia stated that our of the 6 billion people on the planet, 4.8 have a mobile phone while only 4.2 billion own a toothbrush.
- 56% of college students said that if they encountered a company that banned access to social media, they would either not accept a job offer or they would find a way to circumvent corporate policy.
- You can expect, on average, an extra 24 minutes of attention if you post on Facebook than if you post on Twitter.